Storyteller - Elan Impression 444
With one transatlantic crossing under her belt and many miles throughout the US Southeast Coast, Bahamas, Caribbean and Bermuda, Storyteller has extensive upgrade modifications to make her into a true cruising yacht. She is rigged for long distance cruising and is perfect for the offshore passages and coastal cruising we will be making.
About Elan Yachts
Elan Yachts are handcrafted in Slovenia under strict quality control standards. Designed by Rob Humphreys, known internationally for his expertise in designing sailing yachts that successfully combine fast, modern hulls with all the comfort and convenience demanded by today’s cruising sailor. Rob Humphreys also designs Oyster Yachts.
All Elan Yachts are built under constant supervision of Germanisher Lloyd, and Storyteller has been issued the CE Class A category certificate (Unlimited Ocean Voyages).
Port Aft Cabin
Starboard Aft Cabin
LOA: 45 feet 0 inches
Draft: 6 feet 3 inches
55 HP Volvo Penta
Fresh Water Tanks: 200 gallons
Fuel Tanks: 65 gallons
Holding Tanks: 26 gallons
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Total number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
- Isotherm refrigerator
- Isotherm top-down freezer
- Propane stove and oven (2 x 10 lb aluminum propane tanks)
- Double sink
Samsung Galaxy S+ Tablet
Raymarine C90W Chartplotter
Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot (2 – one at each helm)
Raymarine ST60 TriData
Raymarine ST60 Wind
Raymarine Radar 4KW
Scanstrut Radar Mount (maintains radar horizontal)
Standard Horizon VHF at nav station with remote mic in cockpit
Portable VHF (2)
Kenwood Radio/CD with Bluetooth, USB and mini-jack inputs – 2 speakers in salon and 2 speakers in cockpit
Rogue Wave wifi booster with router
External antenna for satellite phone and Iridium 9555 satellite phone
- Charger/invertor: 2000-watt true sinewave with remote panel control/meter plus 400 watt portable inverter
- Solar: 500 watts mounted on stern arch
- Wind generator: D400 mounted on stern arch (very quiet)
- Generator: Honda 2000i with cable to attach directly to shore power connector
- Alternator: 165 Amp Balmer with external regulator, and battery and alternator temperature sensors
- Cruise R/O Watermaker: rated at 30 gph
- Max-Power CT80 bowthruster
- Twin Steering Wheels ensure a spacious passage forward and easy access to the sea while offering the ideal position for the helmsman.
- Atlantic aluminum stern arch with dinghy davits and mounts for solar panels and wind generator.
- 2016 Highfield Ultralight 310 (10.5-foot) aluminum hard bottom dinghy.
- 2016 Yamaha 9.9 HP 4-stroke outboard.
- Davit for outboard.
- Bimini and dodger.
- LED lights in cockpit and companionway steps.
- Lofrans windlass.
- Rocna 25 kg anchor (2015) with 270 feet of 3/8” ACCO G-4 chain (2017).
- Stern anchor: Fortress FX-23 with chain and nylon rode.
- Emergency anchor: over-sized Forteess FX-37.
- Attachment points for safety lines in cockpit.
- Auxiliary manual bilge pump (also one in salon).
- Radar reflector
- Tri Color light at masthead
- Fishing pole holders (2)
- Removable inner forestay located immediately behind the standard forestay
- Whisker pole stored vertically on mast
- Rigid boom vang
- Furlex jib furling
- Harken winches (2 cabin-top and 2 primaries)
- Ten clutches on cabin-top (all main lines run to cockpit)
Mainsail: North (5 full battens, traditional single line reefing, three reef points but only two are rigged).
Jib: North 130% (roller furling).
Spinnaker: UK asymmetric spinnaker
Spare jib: 90% hank-on jib for inner forestay
Storm jib: True hank-on storm jib for inner forestay
- Garmin Inreach Explorer+
- Monitor emergency rudder
- Sea anchor (small)
- Plastimo Transocean Liferaft, ISO 9650-1
- Plastimo rescue sling
- Handheld spotlight
- Heavy duty wire cutter
- Wire rig emergency repair with clamps
- Wooden dowels for emergency repair of all thru-hulls
- Plastimo foghorn
- Night-time strobe and daytime flares
- 8 self-inflating offshore PFDs, 8 tethers and 8 additional PFDs
- Propane detector/alarm
- Smoke detector/alarm
- Barbecue designed to connect directly to propane tank
- Stern shower